Arturo Ricardo Garcia
Arturo Ricardo Garcia, Partner
BV® DistinguishedTM by Martindale-Hubbell® since 2011
Phone: (505) 243-5755
Arturo R. Garcia has achieved a BV® rating from Martindale-Hubbell®, and has been in practice since 2003, limiting his practice exclusively to insurance defense. His experience began in law school as a Rule 9 Intern at the law firm of John Cooney & Associates, P.S. in Spokane, Washington. Mr. Garcia’s duties included assisting the supervising attorneys in trials, and, under the supervision of the supervising attorney, argue motion hearings before the Spokane County Superior Court. After graduating from law school, Mr. Garcia moved to Seattle, Washington where he performed writing projects for several attorneys throughout the Seattle area.
Mr. Garcia then returned to New Mexico, where he first worked as a Law Clerk at Robert J. Gorence & Associates, then Robert Mueller, P.C., before joining as an Associate at John S. Stiff & Associates, LLC, and he is now a named Partner at Stiff, Garcia & Associates.
Mr. Garcia has deep experience in the full spectrum of litigation work including motion practice, depositions, mediations, bench trials, jury trials, and arbitrations. Mr. Garcia’s experience in tort claims includes automobile claims in both plaintiff and insurance defense cases.
- Washington, 2003
- New Mexico, 2006
- Gonzaga University School of Law, Spokane, Washington, 2002, J.D.
- University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM, Political Science, 1997, B.A.
Honors and Awards
- CALI Award – Legal Research and Writing IV, 2001
- Eagle Scout Award
- Termination of Parental Rights of the Mentally Ill: An Analysis of Washington Law, 37 Gonz. L. Rev. 489, 2002
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Associations, 2003- Present
- Hispanic National Bar Association, 2005 – Present
- Latina/o Bar Association of Washington
- New Mexico Defense Lawyers Association
The Stiff, Garcia & Associates Promise
Return phone calls promptly.
Follow your reporting guidelines.
Work in partnership with your claims professionals.
Help you to identify the reasons the case did not settle before suit and suggest creative strategies.
Prepare for trial if the case cannot be resolved.